The "Zombie Bait" edition of Dead Island: Riptide featuring a bloody, busty severed female torso is still available for purchase in some regions, despite public outcry over the statue when it was unveiled earlier this year.
In a statement to CNET Australia, a representative for Koch Media said the Australian and New Zealand "Zombie Bait" editions have been made available in "extremely limited quantity" for "those customers who wish to purchase it."
Deep Silver drew criticism when it first unveiled the special edition in January, with negative reactions pouring in via Twitter and other social sites. Deep Silver later issued an apology, stating they "sincerely regret" the choice.
"We are collecting feedback continuously from the Dead Island community, as well as the international gaming community at large, for ongoing internal meetings with Deep Silver's entire international team today," the company said in a statement. "For now, we want to reiterate to the community, fans and industry how deeply sorry we are, and that we are committed to making sure this will never happen again."
Polygon has reached out to Koch Media and Deep Silver for more details on the release of the "Zombie Bait" edition, and will update this story with details as we have them.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Getting a PS4
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- The Last of US DLC
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?