World 1-2, an upcoming 20-track album from video game composers of Journey, Mega Man and the Silent Hill series and more, will be released on May 2, the project's organizer Mohammed Taher told the Verge.
Taher, a self-described "video game music fanboy from Kuwait," organized the project after asking VVVVVV composer Souleye to write the theme song for Taher's podcast. Souleye agreed, and Taher began reaching out to other video game composers. What began as an idea for a four-track EP grew into an entire album.
World 1-2 is available for pre-order on GameChops, where you can also sample a handful of tracks, including one by Manami Matsumae the composer of Mega Man. It will also feature Austin Wintory (Journey), Eirik Suhrke (Spelunky, Ridiculous Fishing, Hotline Miami), Keiji Yamagishi (Tecmo Bowl, Ninja Gaiden) and Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill).
- Solving Silent Hills' playable trailer
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- I caught every Pokémon and it only took most of my life
- Want to pitch your indie game? Learn from the guy who's directing Star Wars VIII
- Sony ending PlayStation Home service in Japan and Asia in 2015