World 1-2, an upcoming 20-track album from video game composers of Journey, Mega Man and the Silent Hill series and more, will be released on May 2, the project's organizer Mohammed Taher told the Verge.
Taher, a self-described "video game music fanboy from Kuwait," organized the project after asking VVVVVV composer Souleye to write the theme song for Taher's podcast. Souleye agreed, and Taher began reaching out to other video game composers. What began as an idea for a four-track EP grew into an entire album.
World 1-2 is available for pre-order on GameChops, where you can also sample a handful of tracks, including one by Manami Matsumae the composer of Mega Man. It will also feature Austin Wintory (Journey), Eirik Suhrke (Spelunky, Ridiculous Fishing, Hotline Miami), Keiji Yamagishi (Tecmo Bowl, Ninja Gaiden) and Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill).
- Watch what Grand Theft Auto 4's killer PC mod does for its original trailer
- The man who made Atari's E.T. names his worst video game of all time
- GOG.com accidentally gives away thousands of games
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Wii version of Skylanders Trap Team bundled with Wii U download code