Patch 2.0 is the first major update to SimCity since the game's launch, and it aims to address issues such as the inexplicable fluctuation of tourists, delays in receiving invitations and the playing of phantom audio. Since the patch's release yesterday, players have taken to EA's forums and Reddit to point out new bugs that may be caused by the patch.
Among the problems reported include sewage overloads, cities reverting to old saves, cities being overrun with taxis, pollution being magnified, production slowness in Cheetah Mode, road textures disappearing and phantom noises coming from objects, such as trees making siren noises. An extensive list collated by Reddit user Imidazole0 can be read here.
Similar problems are being reported on EA's official forums, with some players noting that, since the patch was installed, firetrucks aren't putting out fires, buildings burn but never turn into rubble and workers are able to enter buildings that have turned to rubble.
We have contacted EA for comment and will update this story as more information is available.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom announced, has kind of a Zelda vibe
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Really Horrible
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders