Call of Duty: Ghosts, a rumored upcoming installment in Activision's first-person shooter franchise, may have been outed today on U.K. retailer Tesco's website and a Target ad linked to by Twitter user Wario64.
The game, an apparent deviation from developer Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare storyline, was listed for a Dec. 13, 2013 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on Tesco, and the PS3 box art appears below. The listing has since been removed from Tesco's website.
The Target ad posted by Wario64, which he said is from the retailer's May 5 ad, appears below.
The retailer's listing comports with YouTube user Drift0r's video below. Posted in late March, Drift0r said the information he received about the game came from a "very reliable source" who is "a part of the Call of Duty machine." The story is set in the future but uses current weapons technology, according to his source.
We've reached out to Activision for details on the game.
- The fixer: Why Rod Fergusson returned to Gears of War
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell (update)
- Polygon Plays: Deus Ex - Episode one
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is the chili cheese fry of Marvel's movie collection
- Players want more options than murder, and GTA 5 proves it