Ubisoft has released a gameplay video for its upcoming Far Cry 3 standalone expansion Blood Dragon showing the game in action.
Blood Dragon operates under the same free-roaming open world philosophy of Far Cry 3, except the soldiers piling out of Jeeps to kill you are evil cyborgs rather than pirates and bandits. In the video here, Sgt. Rex "Power" Colt must liberate an enemy base, which he does by unleashing a dragon. To be precise, he unleashes a cyber-dragon that downs helicopters by shooting lasers from its head.
The walkthrough also shows off some of the weaponry Sgt. Rex has at his disposal, like a bow and arrow, a laser rifle, or a four-barreled shotgun that sets things on fire. In gunfights on a grassland, the fire spreads, further harming enemies.
Ubisoft also announced that the Blood Dragon soundtrack, composed by video game-inspired power metal band Powerglove, was now available for preorder on iTunes, and would release May 1. The soundtrack will also be available to any gamers who preorder Blood Dragon via Ubisoft's official site.
Blood Dragon hits PlayStation Network on April 30, and will release on Xbox Live and Windows on May 1.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today