Sony Online Entertainment and the AI initiative Storybricks team are currently collaborating on the next game in the EverQuest series, EverQest Next, according to an announcement on Storybricks' website.
Everquest Next is SOE's upcoming installament in the massively multiplayer online series. The game will take place in a world parallel to Norrath, the world where previous titles have taken place. Storybricks' announcement post includes few details and mentions that the company "can't give any specifics" as to what they're working on.
"After several months of working together with Sony Online, we can finally reveal that we are collaborating on EverQuest Next," the post reads. "EQN is 'the biggest sandbox ever designed' and we are extremely happy to be working on the most innovative MMORPG under development."
Storybricks is an AI toolset from Namaste Entertainment. The project aims to "bring changes to artificial intelligence in games as significant as 3D graphics were to game aesthetics." The toolset was originally sent to Kickstarter for funding in May of last year, but failed to reach its funding goal. It has since been refocused from a standalone project to one to be included in partnerships with other studios.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- Dark Souls 2 - Overview video
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Roguelike-JRPG Dragon Fin Soup is two developers' quest for creative fulfillment