Miiverse, the social network built into the Wii U that lets users exchange messages, share gameplay hints and post drawings from the console, is now accessible from PC and mobile devices through a web browser.
The web-accessible Miiverse is currently in a beta version, Nintendo notes on its website. Not all features of Miiverse on Wii U are available from the web-based version, Nintendo says, and some devices may not be able to access it. Currently, it appears that Miiverse access from PC and mobile devices is limited to activities browsing community posts, interacting with friends' post, checking your activity feed, viewing your profile and viewing official announcements from Nintendo.
A Nintendo Network ID — which can currently only be created on the Wii U — is required to log into the web-based version of Miiverse.
Miiverse producer Kiyoshi Mizuki said at GDC that the PC and mobile version of the Wii U social network would be available by May, with a version for Nintendo 3DS due later.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?