Miiverse, the social network built into the Wii U that lets users exchange messages, share gameplay hints and post drawings from the console, is now accessible from PC and mobile devices through a web browser.
The web-accessible Miiverse is currently in a beta version, Nintendo notes on its website. Not all features of Miiverse on Wii U are available from the web-based version, Nintendo says, and some devices may not be able to access it. Currently, it appears that Miiverse access from PC and mobile devices is limited to activities browsing community posts, interacting with friends' post, checking your activity feed, viewing your profile and viewing official announcements from Nintendo.
A Nintendo Network ID — which can currently only be created on the Wii U — is required to log into the web-based version of Miiverse.
Miiverse producer Kiyoshi Mizuki said at GDC that the PC and mobile version of the Wii U social network would be available by May, with a version for Nintendo 3DS due later.
More from Polygon
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27