Miiverse, the social network built into the Wii U that lets users exchange messages, share gameplay hints and post drawings from the console, is now accessible from PC and mobile devices through a web browser.
The web-accessible Miiverse is currently in a beta version, Nintendo notes on its website. Not all features of Miiverse on Wii U are available from the web-based version, Nintendo says, and some devices may not be able to access it. Currently, it appears that Miiverse access from PC and mobile devices is limited to activities browsing community posts, interacting with friends' post, checking your activity feed, viewing your profile and viewing official announcements from Nintendo.
A Nintendo Network ID — which can currently only be created on the Wii U — is required to log into the web-based version of Miiverse.
Miiverse producer Kiyoshi Mizuki said at GDC that the PC and mobile version of the Wii U social network would be available by May, with a version for Nintendo 3DS due later.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart