Miiverse, the social network built into the Wii U that lets users exchange messages, share gameplay hints and post drawings from the console, is now accessible from PC and mobile devices through a web browser.
The web-accessible Miiverse is currently in a beta version, Nintendo notes on its website. Not all features of Miiverse on Wii U are available from the web-based version, Nintendo says, and some devices may not be able to access it. Currently, it appears that Miiverse access from PC and mobile devices is limited to activities browsing community posts, interacting with friends' post, checking your activity feed, viewing your profile and viewing official announcements from Nintendo.
A Nintendo Network ID — which can currently only be created on the Wii U — is required to log into the web-based version of Miiverse.
Miiverse producer Kiyoshi Mizuki said at GDC that the PC and mobile version of the Wii U social network would be available by May, with a version for Nintendo 3DS due later.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?