Valve will host its third Dota 2 championship tournament on Aug. 7 when The International returns to Seattle, Wash. for a five day event.
Sixteen teams will compete in The International 3. The first team invited to this year's tournament will be returning champions Invictus Gaming. Valve says on the official Dota 2 website that 12 more teams will be announced "over the coming days."
The winners of the East and West Qualifiers will join those 13 invited teams. Those qualifiers will be hosted by GDStudio from May 13 to 19 for the West division and by BeyondTheSummit from May 20 to 26 for the East division. A wild card match between the two runners-up of the East and West Qualifiers will determine which team scores the sixteenth and final spot.
The International championships for Dota 2 run from Aug. 7 to 11 at Benaroya Hall in downtown Seattle. More details on the action real-time strategy game's championship series are promised soon.
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'
- See Star Citizen's dogfighting, and more, in action
- AbleGamers Foundation raised more than $33K at PAX East 2014
- Hearthstone Fireside Gatherings will help players meet in the real world April 26
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam