Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery, an episodic adventure/puzzle game, is coming to PlayStation Vita and iOS this May from Liverpool, U.K.-based Lucid Games, the studio announced today.
Lucid Games was established in 2011 by former members of Bizarre Creations, the studio behind the Project Gotham Racing and Geometry Wars series.
Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery centers on the title character, a young boy who's attending a summer camp called Camp Eagle Feather. Jacob's something of a loner who prefers to spend his time outdoors instead of playing with the other children. There's a mystery afoot at Camp Eagle Feather — campfire stories mention strange creatures in the woods — and while he's exploring the camp, Jacob runs into none other than Bigfoot.
The two go around solving logic, math, observation and lateral thinking puzzles in a charming world with characters that look like vinyl toys. Lucid is designing the game for touchscreen and mobile devices in Unreal Engine 3, and says that while its story is an all-ages experience, it has "a wicked adult undertone."
Lucid plans to launch both the PS Vita and iOS versions on the same day next month. You can check out a brief teaser trailer above, and four screenshots below.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- Dark Souls 2 - Overview video
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Candy Crush creator estimates its IPO could value the company at $7 billion