Combit will launch a crowd-funding effort to support the game over the summer. According to the post, River City Ransom 2 is already in development.
"We have started development on an official, worldwide follow-up to River City Ransom," the post reads. "With strong followings in North America and Japan, we will work closely with Million to ensure it is the best game it can be for fans on both continents."
River City Ransom was originally developed by Technos Japan, and the game has been ported to several different systems, including the Wii's Virtual Console. A follow-up to the popular title was announced for WiiWare and Windows PC in 2011 by Japanese developer Miracle Kidz. In 2012, however, Miracle Kidz announced that the game had been put on indefinite hold while the developer worked on a new title.
River City Ransom 2 is currently set for an August 2014 release on Windows PC, "with additional platforms under consideration."
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards