"To fit the younger vision of the Caped Crusader, WB Games Montreal decided to go with a new voice talent," reads the article.
Conroy voiced Batman and Bruce Wayne in numerous animated series and video games, beginning with Batman: The Animated Series in 1992.
Other voice acting veterans will have a part in Arkham Origins, including Nolan North, who will voice several characters, such as Oswald Cobblepot, The Penguin, Roman Sionis and Black Mask. Tom Kane (Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City) and Martin Jarvis (Batman: Arkham City) will play Commissioner Gordon and Alfred, respectively.
Polygon contacted Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and will update this post as more information comes to hand.
Batman: Arkham Origins is currently slated for launch on Oct. 25 for Xbox 360, Windows PC, PlayStation 3 and Wii U.
Correction: This story incorrectly stated Kevin Conroy first voiced Batman in Batman: Mask of the Phantasm in 1993. He first voiced the Caped Crusader in Batman: The Animated Series in 1992.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Game contoller for PC
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?