"To fit the younger vision of the Caped Crusader, WB Games Montreal decided to go with a new voice talent," reads the article.
Conroy voiced Batman and Bruce Wayne in numerous animated series and video games, beginning with Batman: The Animated Series in 1992.
Other voice acting veterans will have a part in Arkham Origins, including Nolan North, who will voice several characters, such as Oswald Cobblepot, The Penguin, Roman Sionis and Black Mask. Tom Kane (Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City) and Martin Jarvis (Batman: Arkham City) will play Commissioner Gordon and Alfred, respectively.
Polygon contacted Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and will update this post as more information comes to hand.
Batman: Arkham Origins is currently slated for launch on Oct. 25 for Xbox 360, Windows PC, PlayStation 3 and Wii U.
Correction: This story incorrectly stated Kevin Conroy first voiced Batman in Batman: Mask of the Phantasm in 1993. He first voiced the Caped Crusader in Batman: The Animated Series in 1992.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- how do i cross save olliolli from Vita to ps4
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- On Being A "Gamer"