Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, the 2010 kart-racer filled with a cast of Sega video game characters, is headed to Mac this Thursday, April 4, according to a press release from Feral Interactive.
The game will be available in the Mac App Store for $24.99 and put 22 racers on the starting line, including Sonic, Dr. Eggman, Tails and more. Using Apple's Game Center network, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing will support up to four-player online multiplayer races, achievements and syncing through iCloud.
"We're thrilled to bring Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing to the Mac with an enhanced online multiplayer experience," said David Stephen, Feral Interactive's managing director. "Game Center is potentially a great step forward for Mac gaming, and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing is the perfect game for it."
Prospective players will need at least a 1.8GHz Intel Mac with 4GB of RAM, a 256MB graphics card and OS X 10.8.3 to begin racing. A sequel, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, was released last year and made its way to Windows PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 Wii U, PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- CounterSpy hits PlayStation platforms on August 19