Developer Tom Hall — best known for his work on Doom, Wolfenstein 3D and Commander Keen — joined casual mobile game developer PlayFirst as principal designer, the studio announced today.
Hall has more than 100 game titles to his name and was most recently creative director ay Loot Drop Inc., a social and mobile game studio. He's worked at studios like id Software and Ion Storm, and is now joining PlayFirst, which is best known for its Dash! series, with games like Diner Dash!, Cooking Dash!, Hotel Dash! and more.
"I really enjoy the fast-paced and creative atmosphere of mobile gaming, it's similar to the early id days," Hall said in a statement. "PlayFirst has proven itself to be a really excellent place to explore new ideas and create high-quality casual experiences. They're really committed to making awesome mobile games-real games — and that's why they are so cool. Plus, my wife and I are big fans of Diner Dash!"
PlayFirst's senior director of design, Brian Booker, said Hall's work shows that he understands how to make compelling games.
"He is passionate about delivering new and profound mobile game experiences, and we share that passion with him."
- Link, F-Zero and Animal Crossing are coming to Mario Kart 8 as DLC
- The Walking Dead Season 2 Finale review: can't go home again
- If you thought Dark Souls was hard, try Titan Souls
- Lindsay Lohan lawsuit against GTA 5 publisher was 'for publicity,' says court documents
- The Pokemon fighting game won't play like Tekken (or feature Tekken characters)