Frozen Synapse, developer Mode 7's turn-based strategy game, is headed to iPad in May and Android devices will "hopefully follow shortly thereafter," according to information provided to Joystiq by Mode 7 joint managing director Paul Taylor.
The game will include cross-platform play between iOS, Android, Windows PC, Mac and Linux versions of the game, and players will be able to begin Frozen Synapse games on one device and continue on another. The Frozen Synapse: Red expansion, which was released last year and added new music, multiplayer and more, will also be available.
Though the developer has not announced an official release date or price, Taylor wrote that Mode 7 is "looking to make this competitive."
Earlier this month, Taylor revealed that the game was headed to PlayStation Network for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita as Frozen Synapse: Tactics, a "makeover" from developer Double Eleven.
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- How the E.T. documentary chronicles the birth of the unsatisfied game consumer