Frozen Synapse, developer Mode 7's turn-based strategy game, is headed to iPad in May and Android devices will "hopefully follow shortly thereafter," according to information provided to Joystiq by Mode 7 joint managing director Paul Taylor.
The game will include cross-platform play between iOS, Android, Windows PC, Mac and Linux versions of the game, and players will be able to begin Frozen Synapse games on one device and continue on another. The Frozen Synapse: Red expansion, which was released last year and added new music, multiplayer and more, will also be available.
Though the developer has not announced an official release date or price, Taylor wrote that Mode 7 is "looking to make this competitive."
Earlier this month, Taylor revealed that the game was headed to PlayStation Network for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita as Frozen Synapse: Tactics, a "makeover" from developer Double Eleven.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell