A clone of Capcom's tile-matching puzzle video game, Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo, from CatCap hit the iTunes App Store today.
Gem Fighter features the user interface, aesthetic and gameplay of Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo. As with the original game, the $1.99 clone includes characters identical to those in Capcom's Street Fighter series, including Ken, Ryu and Chun-Li.
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo was first released in arcades in 1996 and features characters from the Darkstalkers and Street Fighter series'. Its remake, Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, released on and in 2007.
Another Capcom clone appeared on the iTunes store last week. Titled Sango Fight, the $0.99 side-scrolling beat-'em-up resembles 1992 arcade game, Warriors of Fate. A Super Bros. clone featuring Pokémon characters was also discovered on the store last week.
We've contacted both CatCap and Capcom for comment, and will update this story with any new information we receive.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Hotline Miami publisher is coming to the rescue of GaymerX after this week's funding mishap
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death