World of Tanks developer Wargaming.net launched its second annual National Military Appreciation Month charity drive today, with two discounted bundles of in-game content being sold in May for the free-to-play military MMO.
For $23.39, players can pick up a bundle of 2,000 in-game gold and 2 million credits. A bundle with a T34 premium tank and garage slot, 90 days of premium account status, 10,000 gold and 1.2 million credits costs $115.99. The bundles will be available from 2 a.m. ET on May 1 through 2 a.m. ET on June 1. Wargaming.net will take 10 percent of all revenue from purchases and split it among three North American nonprofit military charities: Homes For Our Troops, AMVETS and Canada's Military Families Fund.
"While we're in the video game business, we're also a company that's incredibly committed to giving back to organizations that honor and assist veterans and those that have served our country," said Jeremy Monroe, general manager of Wargaming North America, in a press release announcing the charity drive.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Explore Unreal Tournament in these 5 gameplay videos
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business