Guild Wars 2's Retribution update launched today, bringing a new dungeon, missions, weapons and more to ArenaNet's massively multiplayer online role-playing game, according to a post on the game's official website.
The final chapter in the game's Flame and Frost series has players striking at the "heart of the Molten Alliance" guild, including an underground raid in a new dungeon that culminates in a boss battle "that will go down in Guild Wars 2 history." The dungeon is part of the game's Living Story content, which adds story threads, characters, plot twists and other dynamic moments to the game.
Retribution also adds 30 guild trek locations and allows players to purchase guild siege weapons. The game's custom PvP arenas and spectator mode, which ArenaNet detailed last week, also went live today.
Guild Wars 2 is available for Windows PC and Mac through the official website.
- The fixer: Why Rod Fergusson returned to Gears of War
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell (update)
- Polygon Plays: Deus Ex - Episode one
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is the chili cheese fry of Marvel's movie collection
- Players want more options than murder, and GTA 5 proves it