Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, a retro-inspired title teased by Ubisoft on April Fools' Day, now features a three-track, '80s styled soundtrack from Melbourne electronica group Power Glove.
All three tracks can be streamed for free on SoundCloud, where you can check out the dulcet electronic tones of titles "Power Core," "Sloan's Assault" and "Warzone".
Blood Dragon first reared its head earlier in the week in a teaser trailer and website released from Ubisoft, that pitches the title as a fake '80s sci-fi film from that era.
"The year is 2007. It is the future," reads the tagline from the film. According to its synopsis found on the website, Blood Dragon tells the story of cyborg soldier Sgt. Rex Power Colt, a "Mark IV Cyber Commando" who has been sent to retrieve a bioweapon from a tropical island after a nuclear war destroys civilization as we know it.
Despite the suggestion of it being merely an April Fools' joke, Far Cry: Blood Dragon was first leaked earlier in the year on a Brazilian classification board and listed for release on Windows PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Why Shadowgate's developers want you dead
- Strike Suit Zero, Dishonored and more available free on Xbox Live Gold in August
- Hearthstone dev invents stories that tell themselves
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death