Guild Software's massively multiplayer online role-playing game Vendetta Online will be available to play on iPads on April 17, the developer announced today.
Vendetta Online is also currently available with cross-platform play between Windows PC, Mac, Linux and Android systems. Players can purchase the iOS app for $0.99, which includes one month of free play, and can sign up for a $1 a month subscription.
Features for the iPad version include 7680 explorable regions of space in within 30 star systems, twitch-based combat controls utilizing the touchscreen and tilting of the iPad, single-player missions, real-time player-versus-player combat scenarios and a single-player "free play" mode that allows you to play minigames offline.
Vendetta Online originally launched in 2004 for PC. The game emphasizes space combat using starships, multiple paths for character development and a wide range of customization options. The game was released for Windows 8 and RT last October.
Check out Polygon's hands-on impressions of Vendetta Online for iOS here.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- Help needed to find a reputable source for statistics for Indian gaming industry.
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends