World of Tanks, Wargaming.net's free-to-play online tank-battling game, will introduce new German and Soviet tanks alongside a new map in update 8.5, according to a press release from the developer.
The German tech tree will receive medium-sized tanks, like the Leopard 1. The Soviet tech tree will be bolstered with light tanks, including the T-60, T-70 and the T-80, which date back to the early days of World War II. You can check out the new tanks in the gallery above.
Update 8.5 will also add a new map, Pearl River, and three existing maps — Siegfried Line, South Coast and Malinovka — will receive "revamped visuals and shading effects." For the first time, players will also be able to purchase premium consumable items with silver credits. Items like large repair and first aid kits were previously available for purchase only with gold.
Wargaming.net has not revealed the update's release date. Early last month, the developer released World of Tanks' 8.4 update, which added British and German tanks and four new locations.
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)