The mobile version — Rovio did not specify which platforms the game will be available on — will let players connect with their Facebook friends for the first time, and compete with them in weekly tournaments. Angry Birds Friends players will also be able to send and receive power-ups as gifts, and collect daily rewards.
There's no word on a release window for the mobile version. More than 5 million people have played Angry Birds Friends on Facebook.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- Help needed to find a reputable source for statistics for Indian gaming industry.
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends