Ubisoft began teasing Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon earlier this week, hinting at a mysterious spin-off to the last year's open-world first-person shooter featuring a dramatic aesthetic departure. First screenshots of Blood Dragon uploaded to Xbox.com show what the still-unannounced add-on will look like.
The official website for Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon presents the game as an '80s era sci-fi film set in the year 2007. "Earth has been ravaged by a nuclear war and new paths for peace must be found," reads the game's website. "A U.S. cyborg army may have found a solution: a powerful bioweapon on a distant island. A Mark IV Cyber Commando, Sergeant Rex Power Colt has been sent over to gather information and figure out what the hell is going on."
Screenshots appear to indicate that players will play as that "Cyber Commando" in a brightly colored, neon-lit, stylized world — one that manages to maintain the recurring theme of island exploration in Far Cry games.
Ratings for the game indicate that Blood Dragon will come to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
We've reached out to Ubisoft for more details on Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Looking for some good Players
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31