Ubisoft began teasing Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon earlier this week, hinting at a mysterious spin-off to the last year's open-world first-person shooter featuring a dramatic aesthetic departure. First screenshots of Blood Dragon uploaded to Xbox.com show what the still-unannounced add-on will look like.
The official website for Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon presents the game as an '80s era sci-fi film set in the year 2007. "Earth has been ravaged by a nuclear war and new paths for peace must be found," reads the game's website. "A U.S. cyborg army may have found a solution: a powerful bioweapon on a distant island. A Mark IV Cyber Commando, Sergeant Rex Power Colt has been sent over to gather information and figure out what the hell is going on."
Screenshots appear to indicate that players will play as that "Cyber Commando" in a brightly colored, neon-lit, stylized world — one that manages to maintain the recurring theme of island exploration in Far Cry games.
Ratings for the game indicate that Blood Dragon will come to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
We've reached out to Ubisoft for more details on Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)