The Kickstarter campaign for Yacht Club Games' Shovel Knight has surpassed its second stretch goal, making it possible for the developer to bring Achievements into the game.
According to a post on the Kickstarter page, Yacht Club Games will integrate its own "custom, non-obtrusive achievement system" into all versions of Shovel Knight, including those for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. The developer notes they are "striving to make original, creative achievements" that players will want to unlock and will encourage replay.
A new character has also been added to the in-game opposing organization, the Order of No Quarter: the Plague Knight, an alchemist specializing in explosives and poisons. Plague Knights use "an array of mysterious and magical bottles" against enemies, though his physical weakness prevents him from taking up arms in combat.
Shovel Knight surpassed its initial $75,000 funding goal last weekend. There are currently nine days left in the Kickstarter campaign.
Update: Yacht Club Games confirmed on its Kickstarter page that Manami Matsumae, the composer of a plethora of classic games such as Mega Man, Dynasty Wars and U.N. Squadron, will compose two songs for Shovel Knight.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?