Battle Worlds: Kronos, a turn-based strategy game from King Art Games, achieved its $120,000 Kickstarter goal and will continue to raise funds for stretch goals in the 22 days it has left.
Set on an alien world, Battle Worlds features multiplayer factions with different skills and strengths. The game will feature single and multiplayer maps, as well as asynchronous multiplayer and a map editor. According to the game's Kickstarter video, the team hopes to "help the [RPG strategy] genre flourish again and introduce it to a new generation of gamers."
The campaign's first stretch goal is at $170,000 and will add mini-campaigns, achievements, multiplayer maps and more. The campaign currently has two other goals at $250,000 and $360,000. Those interested can pledge through several backer tiers. Volunteering $5 won't get backers a reward, but a $20 pledge will provide a digital copy of the game and access to the closed beta. Backer rewards extend to $5,000.
Battle Worlds is currently in development for Windows PC, Mac, Linux and browsers for multiplayer only. The game is also collecting votes on Steam Greenlight.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes