Speaking with the publication, the rep said that any units that have been demoed were not intended for review.
"We will be making Ouya review units available in early to mid-May so that you are able to review the more complete consumer experience and prepare your coverage in time for the June 4th retail launch," the rep told GamesIndustry. "Ouya has sent no review units out to press. Any reviews you have seen online are a result from individuals who received early backer units from supporting our Kickstarter."
Polygon recently spent some time with one of these units at GDC, where we experienced problems with the system's controller and console menus. Yesterday, Ouya CEO Julie Uhrman said that "there is still much to do" on the console and that the system will be "constantly evolving."
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- On Patreon support
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall