Warframe, Digital Extremes' free-to-play cooperative third-person shooter, obtained more than a million players in less than two weeks after beginning its open beta, the developer announced via press release.
Warframe's closed beta began in October 2012 and opened to all March 21. As a member of the ancient warrior race the Tenno, players work with up to four players to complete randomly generated missions. Players use Warframes, different exo-armor for specific attack traits or skills.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming