The third installment in the Batman Arkham series will be Batman: Arkham Origins, as revealed by the latest cover of Game Informer.
Game Informer reports that Arkham Origins will be available on Oct. 25 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U and Windows PC. The game is being developed by Warner Bros. Montreal, who have taken over from series' veteran Rocksteady Studios. Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, a companion game to the console version, will release on the same day for 3DS and Vita.
The game will take place chronologically before Arkham City and Arkham Asylum and will focus on a "young, unrefined' Batman as he battles many of his foes for the first time. The cover, posted below, also features the series villain Deathstroke, who has yet to appear in an Arkham series game.
Blackgate will be a "completely separate experience" taking place after the events of Origins. The game is in development with Armature Studio and will be a 2.5D Metroid-style exploration game.
Development on Arkham Origins is being headed by Eric Holmes, former lead designer at Epic Games. Holmes designer pedigree includes The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Prototype.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Getting a PS4
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- The Last of US DLC
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?