The third installment in the Batman Arkham series will be Batman: Arkham Origins, as revealed by the latest cover of Game Informer.
Game Informer reports that Arkham Origins will be available on Oct. 25 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U and Windows PC. The game is being developed by Warner Bros. Montreal, who have taken over from series' veteran Rocksteady Studios. Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, a companion game to the console version, will release on the same day for 3DS and Vita.
The game will take place chronologically before Arkham City and Arkham Asylum and will focus on a "young, unrefined' Batman as he battles many of his foes for the first time. The cover, posted below, also features the series villain Deathstroke, who has yet to appear in an Arkham series game.
Blackgate will be a "completely separate experience" taking place after the events of Origins. The game is in development with Armature Studio and will be a 2.5D Metroid-style exploration game.
Development on Arkham Origins is being headed by Eric Holmes, former lead designer at Epic Games. Holmes designer pedigree includes The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Prototype.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- The Walking Dead Season 2: Episode 4 review: existential crisis
- The New Yorker's archives are free - here's a guide to some of its best gaming stories
- Women in the US game industry made 14 percent less than men in 2013, survey says
More from Polygon
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Yakuza 5 (Ryū ga Gotoku 5) Fan Translation Gone?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Destiny Beta
- I just want a gritty mature MOBA