The third installment in the Batman Arkham series will be Batman: Arkham Origins, as revealed by the latest cover of Game Informer.
Game Informer reports that Arkham Origins will be available on Oct. 25 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U and Windows PC. The game is being developed by Warner Bros. Montreal, who have taken over from series' veteran Rocksteady Studios. Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, a companion game to the console version, will release on the same day for 3DS and Vita.
The game will take place chronologically before Arkham City and Arkham Asylum and will focus on a "young, unrefined' Batman as he battles many of his foes for the first time. The cover, posted below, also features the series villain Deathstroke, who has yet to appear in an Arkham series game.
Blackgate will be a "completely separate experience" taking place after the events of Origins. The game is in development with Armature Studio and will be a 2.5D Metroid-style exploration game.
Development on Arkham Origins is being headed by Eric Holmes, former lead designer at Epic Games. Holmes designer pedigree includes The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Prototype.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31