The fastest gameplay mode in Maxis' recently launched SimCity — known as "Cheetah" speed — has been restored, more than a month after the developer throttled the simulation game during its disastrous launch week.
In an update posted to SimCity's Facebook and Twitter accounts, Maxis wrote it "recently brought back Cheetah Speed." The option to play SimCity at its fastest speed was disabled on March 7, restricting players to normal or "Llama" speed. At the time, Maxis said it turned off certain "non-critical" features, including leaderboards and achievements, in an effort to improve the game's overall performance.
At launch, SimCity was severely hampered by issues related to its server-based architecture. Cheetah speed was restored to the game's test servers on March 30.
Maxis says its also working on update 2.0 for SimCity, with the promise of more information to come.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart