The fastest gameplay mode in Maxis' recently launched SimCity — known as "Cheetah" speed — has been restored, more than a month after the developer throttled the simulation game during its disastrous launch week.
In an update posted to SimCity's Facebook and Twitter accounts, Maxis wrote it "recently brought back Cheetah Speed." The option to play SimCity at its fastest speed was disabled on March 7, restricting players to normal or "Llama" speed. At the time, Maxis said it turned off certain "non-critical" features, including leaderboards and achievements, in an effort to improve the game's overall performance.
At launch, SimCity was severely hampered by issues related to its server-based architecture. Cheetah speed was restored to the game's test servers on March 30.
Maxis says its also working on update 2.0 for SimCity, with the promise of more information to come.
- Want to win the console war? Here's how
- But WHAT CAN BE DONE: dos and don'ts to combat online sexism
- The most progressive game of the summer is the one you're probably not playing
- How to join Nintendo's roving band of Smash Bros. players at Comic-Con
- Why is 2K suddenly so preoccupied with the original BioShock?
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- DESTINY disappointment?
- PS4 Beta Codes
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Spare Xbox One code