The Neverwinter open beta has begun and with it comes the release of the MMO's opening cinematic.
Clocking in at just over four minutes long, the CGI trailer introduces players to the Dungeons & Dragons-based setting, which includes magic-wielding clerics, skeletal dragons and armies of undead marching toward the city of Neverwinter.
Neverwinter is a free-to-play fantasy MMO from developer Cryptic Studios, featuring 60 levels and five character classes. With the beta now underway as of yesterday, players can expect to be able to transfer characters created in the beta once the game officially launches.
Cryptic is currently working to address a number of performance issues, in addition to introducing an improved log-in process, following yesterday's open beta launch.
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- The Besties: The Best Games of February 2014
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC reintroduces Alucard March 25