DC Comics-themed massive online battle arena Infinite Crisis will go into open beta on May 8, publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced today.
Players interested in participating in the beta can sign up for a spot on the game's official website. Warner Bros. notes on the sign-up page that the company is looking for players with different types of "gaming experience" for participation in the beta.
In development with The Lord of the Rings Online studio Turbine, Infinite crisis will launch as free-to-play later this year. The game will feature iconic characters from the DC Universe comics in player-versus-player combat. The company has already released information on several of the title's playable champions, including Wonder Woman, Nightmare Batman, Green Lantern, Doomsday and a steampunk version of Batman.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Watch The Last of Us: One Night Live right now
- NIS America allegedly backtracks out of GaymerX sponsorship
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death