Developer Sledgehammer Games, who contributed to the creation of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, isn't working on the latest game in the series, Call of Duty: Ghosts, according to the studio's official Twitter account.
"Our team is heads down on our next project, but best wishes to the hardworking team at IW!" Sledgehammer Games wrote in support of Ghosts' only confirmed developer, Infinity Ward, following the game's announcement.
Founded in 2009 and headed by ex-Visceral Games leads Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey, Sledgehammer was at one point working on a third-person action-adventure game set in the Call of Duty franchise. After spending approximately six months working on a prototype for that unannounced game, the developer was tapped to help develop Modern Warfare 3 after the departure of key personnel at Infinity Ward.
According to recent job listings, Sledgehammer Games is currently developing an unspecified Call of Duty title.
Activision and Infinity Ward officially revealed Call of Duty: Ghosts today, announcing a Nov. 5 release date. The game is bound for PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and "next generation platforms."
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Mon Aug 18