Mr. Dave Tach fills in for the absent Griffin McElroy this week. His dulcet tones could melt an ice cap, but are they enough to warm our hearts in Brother M's absence?
This episode's a hodgepodge, in which the good is bad, the bad is good and Kickstarter is mediocre.
We discuss a handful of video gaming anomalies, like "good bad" games and good games with bad titles. We debate whether rough edges are beauty marks or flaws waiting to be smoothed. We also rap on the reality of Kickstarter projects and the practicality of AAA licensing deals. Whether you prefer one to the other, it's clear that all the money and creative freedom in the world can't guarantee a great game.
Also, we talk Canada. Did you know Vancouver is the perfect city?
All that and more on this week's Besties.
- 2:10 - Best reason to be wary of supporting games on Kickstarter (Star Command)
- 14:30 - Best worst game of the week (Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut)
- 29:30 - Half time: Chris goes to Canada
- 33:30 - Best game with worst title (Mars: War Logs)
- 43:40 - Best billion dollar partnership for things I probably won't end up caring about (The EA/Disney Star Wars contract)
- 52:10 - The winner is...
Theme song by Ian Dorsch
Get the show:
- Towerfall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- Report: R.B.I Baseball 14 to launch on April 10
- Prepare to run Dark Souls 2 with the PC version's system requirements
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- The Besties: The Best Games of February 2014
- Hack into Nedry's Jurassic Park security system
- Goofball Goals - Overview video
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?