Mr. Dave Tach fills in for the absent Griffin McElroy this week. His dulcet tones could melt an ice cap, but are they enough to warm our hearts in Brother M's absence?
This episode's a hodgepodge, in which the good is bad, the bad is good and Kickstarter is mediocre.
We discuss a handful of video gaming anomalies, like "good bad" games and good games with bad titles. We debate whether rough edges are beauty marks or flaws waiting to be smoothed. We also rap on the reality of Kickstarter projects and the practicality of AAA licensing deals. Whether you prefer one to the other, it's clear that all the money and creative freedom in the world can't guarantee a great game.
Also, we talk Canada. Did you know Vancouver is the perfect city?
All that and more on this week's Besties.
- 2:10 - Best reason to be wary of supporting games on Kickstarter (Star Command)
- 14:30 - Best worst game of the week (Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut)
- 29:30 - Half time: Chris goes to Canada
- 33:30 - Best game with worst title (Mars: War Logs)
- 43:40 - Best billion dollar partnership for things I probably won't end up caring about (The EA/Disney Star Wars contract)
- 52:10 - The winner is...
Theme song by Ian Dorsch
Get the show:
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!