Plants vs. Zombies Adventures will end its beta and launch for everyone on Facebook May 20, developer PopCap announced on the game's Facebook page.
Today at 6 p.m. ET, PopCap will post a link to the official page that will grant early access to play Plants vs. Zombies Adventures for the first 500 people who click on it.
Plants vs. Zombies Adventures was announced for Facebook in March as "the first of several new adaptations of the hit franchise coming to consumers in the next year."
"The fun-dead world of Plants vs. Zombies is expanding with endless waves of new characters, strategies, territories, and community challenges," PopCap wrote in a press statement at the time. The game has been in limited beta since its announcement.
The company clarified that Adventures is a separate game from Plants vs. Zombies 2, the in-development sequel to Plants vs. Zombies announced last August, which is slated to release in July.
- But WHAT CAN BE DONE: dos and don'ts to combat online sexism
- The new Unreal Tournament looks incredible, see it in motion
- Girl's Club video review: Just wanna have fun
- Never back a Kickstarter without a programmer (and other tips for not losing your money)
- The most progressive game of the summer is the one you're probably not playing