Upcoming Google Play Services v3.1.36 update will include a new platform called Google Play Games, introducing new features such as cloud saves, multiplayer and achievements, according to Android Police who obtained the leaked file ahead of the official roll out.
According to the website, Google Play Games will also allow matchmaking, in-game chat, leaderboards, invitations, icon badges and lobbies.
Through the Play Games Settings, players will be able to control game notifications and manage who can send notifications. Leaderboards can be displayed by time, week, daily, all time, player centered and filter by people in G+ circles. And synced game saves will be a function alongside the already established Gmail and Calendar syncing options. Additional details on Google Play Games are located on Android Police.
The platform is expected to be officially unveiled at Google I/O, the annual Google-hosted developer conference held in San Francisco on May 15 to 17. Google I/O features numerous game-centric sessions, such as What's New in Google Play Services, Advanced Game Development Topics, New Developments in Mobile Gaming, Mobile Multiplayer Made Manageable, Level Up Your Android Game and Intense Gaming (under the Google Cloud Platform track.)
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- GameStop has a plan to give The Last of Us owners half off of the Remastered edition
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update