As reported by 13WMAZ's Kenny Burgamy, Macon is set to be the backdrop for the upcoming Dreamworks Studios-developed film. Filming is currently taking place in downtown Macon and around a local car wash.
"Need for Speed is a great moment for Macon, Fountain Car Wash and for all of the community," says Burgamy.
The upcoming cinema release was announced last year and is slated to be released Feb. 7, 2014. The film is directed by Scott Waugh and will tell the story of a local street racer who begins a partnership with a rich, business-minded colleague, only to be framed and sent to prison. Once out of jail, his former associate places a bounty on his head, leading to a cross-country gauntlet from New York to Los Angeles.
More from Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- What Last-Gen Game Do You Want Remade For Next-Gen?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Tell Us Your Story