The first gameplay trailer for 2K Marin's The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, released today by publisher 2K Games, introduces the U.S. government's XCOM division and its cover-up of an alien invasion in the 1960s.
The weirdness begins in April 1962, when a federally funded research center detects radio transmissions from deep space. Initial investigations turn up nothing until October, when the aliens make themselves known with an attack. The government sends a squad under the command of XCOM special agent William Carter to fight off the invasion and conceal the truth.
If you want to find out more than what the U.S. Department of Defense wants you to know, you'll have to check out our new, hands-on preview of The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. The third-person shooter launches Aug. 20 on Windows PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
- Towerfall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- Prepare to run Dark Souls 2 with the PC version's system requirements