Skullgirls, Zero Lab Games' downloadable fighting game, could come to Wii U, but only if the console's sales and "digital presence" improve, according to a recent tweet from the game's official Twitter account.
The news came in response to a question asking if there were "any chance of a wii u [sic] release with this generation coming to an end."
"Right now a Wii-U [sic] release isn't looking likely," the tweet reads. "If sales pick up and they establish a digital presence it's possible, though."
Skullgirls is available for consoles through Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network, and the developer recently announced Eliza, the game's third downloadable content character. For more on Nintendo's pipeline, be sure to read about Nintendo's "Wii U Software Showcase," which will take place before E3 and showcase upcoming games like a new Mario Kart, a new Super Smash Bros. and a new 3D Mario action game.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Getting a PS4
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Which wiki?
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)