Skullgirls, Zero Lab Games' downloadable fighting game, could come to Wii U, but only if the console's sales and "digital presence" improve, according to a recent tweet from the game's official Twitter account.
The news came in response to a question asking if there were "any chance of a wii u [sic] release with this generation coming to an end."
"Right now a Wii-U [sic] release isn't looking likely," the tweet reads. "If sales pick up and they establish a digital presence it's possible, though."
Skullgirls is available for consoles through Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network, and the developer recently announced Eliza, the game's third downloadable content character. For more on Nintendo's pipeline, be sure to read about Nintendo's "Wii U Software Showcase," which will take place before E3 and showcase upcoming games like a new Mario Kart, a new Super Smash Bros. and a new 3D Mario action game.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31