Skullgirls, Zero Lab Games' downloadable fighting game, could come to Wii U, but only if the console's sales and "digital presence" improve, according to a recent tweet from the game's official Twitter account.
The news came in response to a question asking if there were "any chance of a wii u [sic] release with this generation coming to an end."
"Right now a Wii-U [sic] release isn't looking likely," the tweet reads. "If sales pick up and they establish a digital presence it's possible, though."
Skullgirls is available for consoles through Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network, and the developer recently announced Eliza, the game's third downloadable content character. For more on Nintendo's pipeline, be sure to read about Nintendo's "Wii U Software Showcase," which will take place before E3 and showcase upcoming games like a new Mario Kart, a new Super Smash Bros. and a new 3D Mario action game.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27