Skullgirls, Zero Lab Games' downloadable fighting game, could come to Wii U, but only if the console's sales and "digital presence" improve, according to a recent tweet from the game's official Twitter account.
The news came in response to a question asking if there were "any chance of a wii u [sic] release with this generation coming to an end."
"Right now a Wii-U [sic] release isn't looking likely," the tweet reads. "If sales pick up and they establish a digital presence it's possible, though."
Skullgirls is available for consoles through Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network, and the developer recently announced Eliza, the game's third downloadable content character. For more on Nintendo's pipeline, be sure to read about Nintendo's "Wii U Software Showcase," which will take place before E3 and showcase upcoming games like a new Mario Kart, a new Super Smash Bros. and a new 3D Mario action game.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!