A new trailer for Grid 2's World Series of Racing examines a trio of Asian car clubs in locales from Dubai to Kowloon.
Dubai VIP is a race club that believes in getting business done in one of the world's most extravagant cities, and they specialize in Checkpoint racing — a game type that is exactly like it sounds, where one must reach the next checkpoint before the time runs out.
It takes a special kind of guts to specialize in drift driving on racetracks that run along cliffs, and fictional race magnate Patrick Callahan wants the Japanese drivers of Haruna Kyojin who do just that. Across the sea in Hong Kong, Callahan speaks highly of the Kowloon Dragons for their split-second reaction times and clean maneuvering in high-stakes events.
"It's not about who's style is best, it's about who can move out of their comfort zone and get the win," says Callahan. "And I will bring the eyes of the world upon them."
Codemasters' Grid 2 launches May 28 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy