After parting ways with former Assassin's Creed designer Patrice Desilets, Ubisoft has indefinitely suspended production on 1666, CEO Yves Guillemot said today during an investor call for the company's 2012-13 earnings report.
"After more than two months of discussions with [Desilets], we couldn't align our vision both on project development and team management," said Guillemot, "so consequently our collaboration has ended, and we have suspended 1666 for an undisclosed period of time."
Desilets left Ubisoft Montreal in 2010 and joined THQ Montreal in 2011, where he served as the creative director on an unannounced project with the working title of 1666. Ubisoft acquired the studio and its intellectual property in THQ's first bankruptcy auction this past January for $2.5 million, and in mid-March announced that Desilets had returned to the company.
Last week, Ubisoft said Desilets and the company split up after "good faith discussions," but Desilets told Polygon that the decision was not mutual and that Ubisoft fired him.
"Ubisoft's actions are baseless and without merit. I intend to fight Ubisoft vigorously for my rights, for my team and for my game," said Desilets last week.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today