A paintball arena based on Paintball Explosion in East Dundee, Illinois.: Black Ops 2's multiplayer map Nuketown 2025 has been created at a paintball park called
The paintball arena includes the map's iconic placements such as the yellow school bus, mannequins, bright weatherboard house and the kitsch "Welcome To Nuketown" sign, with the "2025" replaced with "2013."
Paintball manufacturer Tipmann Sports sponsored the development of the Nuketown 2013 paintball field, which opened to the public last weekend. More photos of Nuketown 2013 can be viewed at Tipmann Sports' Facebook page.
Paintball Explosion also recreated a World At War map and a missile silo field. There are Zombieland and Shipyard paintball fields in the works.
Nuketown first featured as a multiplayer map in Treyarch's Call of Duty: Black Ops in 2010. Renamed Nuketown 2025, it was reintroduced as a Black Ops 2 pre-order bonus and was later released as a free download across all platforms in March.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?