Lords of the Fallen is a hardcore fantasy action-RPG being developed by City Interactive on Windows PC, PlayStation 4 and the next Xbox, the company said today.
The game's executive producer is Tomasz Gop, who previously served as senior producer on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings at CD Projekt Red. He unofficially announced the game in an update to his LinkedIn profile last August, and told Eurogamer last month that Lords of the Fallen is a title with challenging combat akin to Dark Souls and skill trees that resemble Borderlands.
"From the very beginning, Lords of the Fallen will intrigue and satisfy players’ hunger to explore each corner of a brand new world, freely customize and build their own character and take down some of the most epic enemies ever seen," said Gop in a press release.
Players step into the shoes of Harkyn, a man living in a "world where the Gods have failed mankind," according to City Interactive. It's up to Harkyn to take up arms against a seemingly unstoppable otherworldly power. Some people in the world follow the Fallen God, but others resist, and players' decisions will change their individual story and the world in the third-person RPG.
City Interactive will debut a playable version of Lords of the Fallen at E3 2013.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development