Electronic Arts isn't currently developing any games for the Wii U, EA spokesperson Jeff Brown told Kotaku.
EA published several games for Nintendo's console since its November 2012 launch, including FIFA 13, Madden NFL 13, Mass Effect 3: Special Edition and Need for Speed Most Wanted, but its studios have nothing in the pipeline right now.
"We have no games in development for the Wii U currently," Brown said, but he didn't rule out future Wii U development, according to Kotaku.
Earlier this month, EA announced that Madden NFL 25 would not make its way to the Wii U in 2013, while reiterating that the company has "a strong partnership with Nintendo." EA DICE's technical director Johan Andersson recently explained that the Frostbite engine, which powers games like those in the Battlefield franchise, doesn't support Wii U because the company's tests with Frostbite 2 provided "not too promising results." Its latest version, Frostbite 3, does not support the console.
On Jan. 30, the same day that Nintendo revealed lower-than-expected Wii U sales, then-EA CEO John Riccitiello said during an earnings call that he expected Wii U sales to track with Nintendo's "marquee titles."
"You never count Nintendo out," Riccitiello said.
Nintendo will broadcast a Nintendo Direct event tomorrow, May 17, to discuss the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games coming this summer. Before E3 next month, the company will hold a "Wii U Software Showcase" where it's expected to display some of the "marquee titles" Riccitiello referenced. The company has already promised to reveal new entries in the Mario Kart, Wii Party, Super Smash Bros. and 3D Mario series.
- Titanfall - Overview video
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Why you don't want an online mode in TowerFall
- Titanfall review: my buddy
- Why The Elder Scrolls Online needs a monthly subscription fee
- Dark Souls 2 review: not the end
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- Report: Google aquires Green Throttle Gaming's assets and co-founders
- Back to work: The story of the Hello Games flood
- Star Trek Online Mac client now live
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- This is why we can't have nice things.