Electronic Arts isn't currently developing any games for the Wii U, EA spokesperson Jeff Brown told Kotaku.
EA published several games for Nintendo's console since its November 2012 launch, including FIFA 13, Madden NFL 13, Mass Effect 3: Special Edition and Need for Speed Most Wanted, but its studios have nothing in the pipeline right now.
"We have no games in development for the Wii U currently," Brown said, but he didn't rule out future Wii U development, according to Kotaku.
Earlier this month, EA announced that Madden NFL 25 would not make its way to the Wii U in 2013, while reiterating that the company has "a strong partnership with Nintendo." EA DICE's technical director Johan Andersson recently explained that the Frostbite engine, which powers games like those in the Battlefield franchise, doesn't support Wii U because the company's tests with Frostbite 2 provided "not too promising results." Its latest version, Frostbite 3, does not support the console.
On Jan. 30, the same day that Nintendo revealed lower-than-expected Wii U sales, then-EA CEO John Riccitiello said during an earnings call that he expected Wii U sales to track with Nintendo's "marquee titles."
"You never count Nintendo out," Riccitiello said.
Nintendo will broadcast a Nintendo Direct event tomorrow, May 17, to discuss the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games coming this summer. Before E3 next month, the company will hold a "Wii U Software Showcase" where it's expected to display some of the "marquee titles" Riccitiello referenced. The company has already promised to reveal new entries in the Mario Kart, Wii Party, Super Smash Bros. and 3D Mario series.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Tabletop Simulator - Overview video
- Unreal Engine 4 updated with PS4, Xbox One, Linux and SteamOS support
- Child of Light's creators discuss the birth of Aurora and her fairytale journey
- Skylanders Trap Team coming Oct. 5 with a new twist and a new portal
- Titanfall's Expedition DLC offers a 'parkour playground' with the 'War Games' map
- Soulcalibur: Lost Swords launch delayed for some due to technical issues
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)