FIFA 14, this year's installment of Electronic Arts' soccer franchise, will not be released for Wii U because sales of FIFA 13 were "disappointing," a representative from EA told Eurogamer.
"Six months ago FIFA 13 was a launch title on Wii U," the representative said. "Although the game featured FIFA's award-winning HD gameplay and innovative new ways to play, the commercial results were disappointing. We have decided not to develop FIFA 14 on Wii U."
EA published several games for Wii U after its launch last November, including FIFA 13 and Madden NFL 13. Earlier this month, EA confirmed that Madden NFL 25 would not launch on the system, but said that the company has "a strong partnership with Nintendo."
The news follows in the wake of EA spokesperson Jeff Brown's recent statement that the publisher has "no games in development for the Wii U currently."
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Robot Mode (Wed 12 Mar)
- Need your help fellow Polynauts regarding my thesis study!!!
- Video frame issues - It can't just be me
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?