FIFA 14, this year's installment of Electronic Arts' soccer franchise, will not be released for Wii U because sales of FIFA 13 were "disappointing," a representative from EA told Eurogamer.
"Six months ago FIFA 13 was a launch title on Wii U," the representative said. "Although the game featured FIFA's award-winning HD gameplay and innovative new ways to play, the commercial results were disappointing. We have decided not to develop FIFA 14 on Wii U."
EA published several games for Wii U after its launch last November, including FIFA 13 and Madden NFL 13. Earlier this month, EA confirmed that Madden NFL 25 would not launch on the system, but said that the company has "a strong partnership with Nintendo."
The news follows in the wake of EA spokesperson Jeff Brown's recent statement that the publisher has "no games in development for the Wii U currently."
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?
- Could Nintendo go third party?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall