FIFA 14, this year's installment of Electronic Arts' soccer franchise, will not be released for Wii U because sales of FIFA 13 were "disappointing," a representative from EA told Eurogamer.
"Six months ago FIFA 13 was a launch title on Wii U," the representative said. "Although the game featured FIFA's award-winning HD gameplay and innovative new ways to play, the commercial results were disappointing. We have decided not to develop FIFA 14 on Wii U."
EA published several games for Wii U after its launch last November, including FIFA 13 and Madden NFL 13. Earlier this month, EA confirmed that Madden NFL 25 would not launch on the system, but said that the company has "a strong partnership with Nintendo."
The news follows in the wake of EA spokesperson Jeff Brown's recent statement that the publisher has "no games in development for the Wii U currently."
- XBOne Classifieds
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- Getting a PS4
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- I have 1 dribbble invite