In addition, said Naughty Dog creative director Neil Druckmann and The Last of Us director Bruce Straley to Game Informer, you won't have to wait for the large download to complete before you can install the title to your PS3 hard drive. Instead, The Last of Us will be playable after half of it is downloaded to your PS3.
Gaikai CEO David Perry said at the PlayStation 4 unveiling in February that PS4 owners will be able to start playing games while they're still downloading, thanks to the cloud-based streaming service that Gaikai offers — but that service doesn't exist on PS3, and this is the first time a PS3 game will allow users to do this.
For more on The Last of Us, check out our new hands-on preview of its single-player campaign.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)