In addition, said Naughty Dog creative director Neil Druckmann and The Last of Us director Bruce Straley to Game Informer, you won't have to wait for the large download to complete before you can install the title to your PS3 hard drive. Instead, The Last of Us will be playable after half of it is downloaded to your PS3.
Gaikai CEO David Perry said at the PlayStation 4 unveiling in February that PS4 owners will be able to start playing games while they're still downloading, thanks to the cloud-based streaming service that Gaikai offers — but that service doesn't exist on PS3, and this is the first time a PS3 game will allow users to do this.
For more on The Last of Us, check out our new hands-on preview of its single-player campaign.
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- Hearthstone dev invents stories that tell themselves
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
- Here's the opening to that Bayonetta anime they've been talking about forever
- Learn how to copy, and know when to steal
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?