In addition, said Naughty Dog creative director Neil Druckmann and The Last of Us director Bruce Straley to Game Informer, you won't have to wait for the large download to complete before you can install the title to your PS3 hard drive. Instead, The Last of Us will be playable after half of it is downloaded to your PS3.
Gaikai CEO David Perry said at the PlayStation 4 unveiling in February that PS4 owners will be able to start playing games while they're still downloading, thanks to the cloud-based streaming service that Gaikai offers — but that service doesn't exist on PS3, and this is the first time a PS3 game will allow users to do this.
For more on The Last of Us, check out our new hands-on preview of its single-player campaign.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- California city repeals longstanding ban on ... playing pinball?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Ouya strikes a deal to bring games to China
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Female representation in gaming
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy