In addition, said Naughty Dog creative director Neil Druckmann and The Last of Us director Bruce Straley to Game Informer, you won't have to wait for the large download to complete before you can install the title to your PS3 hard drive. Instead, The Last of Us will be playable after half of it is downloaded to your PS3.
Gaikai CEO David Perry said at the PlayStation 4 unveiling in February that PS4 owners will be able to start playing games while they're still downloading, thanks to the cloud-based streaming service that Gaikai offers — but that service doesn't exist on PS3, and this is the first time a PS3 game will allow users to do this.
For more on The Last of Us, check out our new hands-on preview of its single-player campaign.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?