Deadpool, the upcoming action title starring Marvel's mercenary anti-hero, is listed for Wii U under retailer Amazon Canada.
Deadpool is currently being developed by High Moon Studios for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. According to its Wii U listing on Amazon, the game has been given an M rating by the ESRB, though the ESRB website itself only includes the previously announced platforms. No other details are given about the game. We have contacted publisher Activision for comment and will update accordingly.
Deadpool is currently slated for release June 25 and is available for pre-order now. Read our interview with senior creative director Dave Cravens about how the studio managed the Merc with a Mouth here.
Update: A PR representative told Polygon that there are currently no plans for a Wii U release.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes