Arc System Works is currently developing a new title in the Guilty Gear fighting series called Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-, which they announced today with a debut trailer.
First published in 1998, Guilty Gear is known for its 2D, anime-inspired fighting style and heavy metal tracks. The last Guilty Gear title was released in 2009. According to the video's description, the game was announced during the Arc System Works Festival that took place in Yokohama Pacifico.
The Japanese trailer reveals little about Guilty Gear Xrd, but does show off some gameplay. You can watch the video above to see it in action. A release date or platform has not yet been announced, though more details are expected soon.
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine