Arc System Works is currently developing a new title in the Guilty Gear fighting series called Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-, which they announced today with a debut trailer.
First published in 1998, Guilty Gear is known for its 2D, anime-inspired fighting style and heavy metal tracks. The last Guilty Gear title was released in 2009. According to the video's description, the game was announced during the Arc System Works Festival that took place in Yokohama Pacifico.
The Japanese trailer reveals little about Guilty Gear Xrd, but does show off some gameplay. You can watch the video above to see it in action. A release date or platform has not yet been announced, though more details are expected soon.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Getting a PS4
- Which wiki?
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)