Ubisoft believes its upcoming titles will attract more gamers to the GamesIndustry International.U and is confident that Nintendo will take steps to ensure that the console is successful, a Ubisoft spokesperson told
"As with any new console, it takes some time to grow an established base," the spokesperson told GamesIndustry International. "Ubisoft has a varied and high-quality line-up for, with more big titles on the way including , , 4 Black Flag and Blacklist. We're confident that this will help in continuing to attract gamers to the Wii U system and that Nintendo will take steps to ensure that the Wii U is successful in the market."
Ubisoft executive director for EMEA territories Alain Corre called for a Wii U price drop in March to help Wii U game sales. Ubisoft's Rayman Legends was originally intended as a Wii U exclusive, however, the title was delayed to bring it to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. At the time, managing director Xavier Poix said that Ubisoft "thought it was making more sense to also bring the game to where it was originally from. That means Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3."
Last week Electronic Arts revealed that it isn't currently developing any titles for the Wii U, but it didn't rule out future development for the console. Since the consoles launch in November last year, EA has published several titles for the console, including FIFA 13, Madden NFL 13, Mass Effect 3: Special Edition and Need for Speed Most Wanted.
According to Nintendo's fiscal earnings for year ending March 31, the company sold 3.45 million units of Wii U hardware and 13.42 million Wii U titles worldwide since its launch. Nintendo attributed the slow sales to to the delay in development of post-launch titles.
Earlier this month, Nintendo issued a message to Wii console owners reminding them that the Wii U is "an entirely new system." The message followed Nintendo global president Satoru Iwata's statement that the slow sales were also due to the company's failure to successful communicate the purpose of the new console to consumers.
- Madden 15 review: victory formation
- Sarkeesian driven out of home by online abuse and death threats
- Inside a video game voiceover studio
- Is Civilization: Beyond Earth any good?
- SWAT threat locks down school, gets Counter-Strike player slammed to the ground
- Quake Live is changing, in part to find a wider audience on Steam
- A lightning tour of Infamous: First Light's scaled-down scope
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Old Iron King - A spoiler-free guide
- Amazon and Twitch are the competitors YouTube needs
- What's exclusive to the PlayStation versions of Destiny?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- On Patreon support
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Where to buy?
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Games with great Sound Design