Ubisoft believes its upcoming titles will attract more gamers to the GamesIndustry International.U and is confident that Nintendo will take steps to ensure that the console is successful, a Ubisoft spokesperson told
"As with any new console, it takes some time to grow an established base," the spokesperson told GamesIndustry International. "Ubisoft has a varied and high-quality line-up for, with more big titles on the way including , , 4 Black Flag and Blacklist. We're confident that this will help in continuing to attract gamers to the Wii U system and that Nintendo will take steps to ensure that the Wii U is successful in the market."
Ubisoft executive director for EMEA territories Alain Corre called for a Wii U price drop in March to help Wii U game sales. Ubisoft's Rayman Legends was originally intended as a Wii U exclusive, however, the title was delayed to bring it to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. At the time, managing director Xavier Poix said that Ubisoft "thought it was making more sense to also bring the game to where it was originally from. That means Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3."
Last week Electronic Arts revealed that it isn't currently developing any titles for the Wii U, but it didn't rule out future development for the console. Since the consoles launch in November last year, EA has published several titles for the console, including FIFA 13, Madden NFL 13, Mass Effect 3: Special Edition and Need for Speed Most Wanted.
According to Nintendo's fiscal earnings for year ending March 31, the company sold 3.45 million units of Wii U hardware and 13.42 million Wii U titles worldwide since its launch. Nintendo attributed the slow sales to to the delay in development of post-launch titles.
Earlier this month, Nintendo issued a message to Wii console owners reminding them that the Wii U is "an entirely new system." The message followed Nintendo global president Satoru Iwata's statement that the slow sales were also due to the company's failure to successful communicate the purpose of the new console to consumers.
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Madden 15's outspoken cover star loses with grace in his very first game
- Payday 2's upcoming add-on pack is an homage to Battlefield
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Resident Evil Revelations 2 coming 'early 2015'
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community
- Is Telltale teasing the setting for its new Game of Thrones series?
- Dragon Quest 7 3DS remake may not be worth the cost for Square to translate
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is a mature, 'true remaster' of the original game
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart