Metal Gear Solid: Legacy Collection, a compilation coming to PlayStation 3 this year, won't be released for Xbox 360 because of the large data size of Metal Gear Solid 4 is still an issue, according to franchise creator Hideo Kojima.
Speaking during the Mogren Radio show on his blog, Kojima explained the large collection is possible only on PlayStation 3 because the console uses Blu-ray technology. The Xbox 360 uses DVD. Metal Gear Solid 4 has not been previously released on the console, and has enough data to fill seven Xbox discs.
"I'm sorry to say an Xbox 360 version isn't being released, because an Xbox 360 version of [Metal Gear Solid 4] hasn't gone on sale," said Kojima. "To explain the situation, the amount of data in MGS4 is just too enormous."
"I want to put [The Legacy Collection] out [for Xbox 360]," he added. "But we won't be releasing it."
Kojima added that it could be possible to release the compilation for Microsoft's next-generation console.
"When it's the next [Xbox] console, maybe we can release [Metal Gear Solid 4 or The Legacy Collection]," added Kojima. "If we released a version on the Xbox 360 without MGS4, then it's not The Legacy Collection."
Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection will launch this June for PS3. The bundle includes Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid 3: HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions, Metal Gear Solid 4: Trophy Edition and two digital graphic novels by artist Ashley Wood.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- The best song in a video game?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?