Metal Gear Solid: Legacy Collection, a compilation coming to PlayStation 3 this year, won't be released for Xbox 360 because of the large data size of Metal Gear Solid 4 is still an issue, according to franchise creator Hideo Kojima.
Speaking during the Mogren Radio show on his blog, Kojima explained the large collection is possible only on PlayStation 3 because the console uses Blu-ray technology. The Xbox 360 uses DVD. Metal Gear Solid 4 has not been previously released on the console, and has enough data to fill seven Xbox discs.
"I'm sorry to say an Xbox 360 version isn't being released, because an Xbox 360 version of [Metal Gear Solid 4] hasn't gone on sale," said Kojima. "To explain the situation, the amount of data in MGS4 is just too enormous."
"I want to put [The Legacy Collection] out [for Xbox 360]," he added. "But we won't be releasing it."
Kojima added that it could be possible to release the compilation for Microsoft's next-generation console.
"When it's the next [Xbox] console, maybe we can release [Metal Gear Solid 4 or The Legacy Collection]," added Kojima. "If we released a version on the Xbox 360 without MGS4, then it's not The Legacy Collection."
Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection will launch this June for PS3. The bundle includes Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid 3: HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions, Metal Gear Solid 4: Trophy Edition and two digital graphic novels by artist Ashley Wood.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- On Patreon support
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- Pre-load coming to the XB1 according to the store page