Zoombies: Animales de la Muerte, a game from High Voltage Software originally envisioned as a WiiWare title, was released today in the iOS app store.
The $2.99 universal app puts players in the role of Marco and Maria, two school children battling zoo animals who have "come down with a serious case of Undeath." As the undead invade, players draw paths on the screen to unleash their attacks. Zoombies: Animales de la Muerte was planned for release on WiiWare, but the developers told Nintendo World Report in 2009 that it was currently on hold and might one day be released on disc. In 2011, it was shown off as a downloadable game headed to Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network, where it also never appeared.
- Development hell: The video game
- Which games company do developers most want to work for?
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Want to save time and money? Stop buying games at launch
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free