The Kickstarter campaign for the Stinky Footboard, the foot platform for Windows PC from Stelulu Technologies, successfully concluded today with $79,562, just above the company's $75,000 goal.
The foot controller serves as a third input device beyond a keyboard and mouse, and is aimed at hardcore PC gamers, who can up their game by offloading secondary actions to the four-way switch below one of their feet.
"To be honest, we weren't sure our Kickstarter would be successful," said Stephane Rivard, co-founder and president of Stelulu Technologies, in a press release today. "We've been overwhelmed by the response from the gamer community and their support during our campaign."
Stelulu plans to begin shipping the device in June; it will sell for $119 and support Windows XP through Windows 8. For more details on the Stinky Footboard, check out our interview with Rivard and feet-on impressions with Battlefield 3 from PAX East.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Rayman creator Michel Ancel leading new indie studio Wild Sheep, will stay at Ubisoft